Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Don't put the Christmas Stamps away...just yet





January 28, 2016

My first post on my new Page! I came across this cool sketch at Can You Case It.com CYCI #104 and knew which stamp set I was going to use. I did use some retired dies but most of it is current :) The stamp set is White Christmas located on page 68 in the Annual Catalog. It features the trees, a deer, snowman, birds among other things. I like to use stamps outside of the box and don't necessarily use them in the season they are intended for. Who else is guilty?

The DSP is Timeless Elegance and OH EM GEE it is by far my favorite. So good, that I have had to reorder a time...or two. DSP stands for Designer Series Paper in case I have newbies out there (and welcome, btw). These can be found on page 142 & 143, also in the Annual Catalog. The snowflake is Festive Flurry (retired) and heart is from the Heart Framelit (also retired).

The sentiment is the Greetings Thinlits on page 172 and Little Letter Thinlits, also on page 172. Yes, I used Adele as my inspiration. The song is amazing and has a billion hits on youtube. Where do you get your inspiration. Please leave comments and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Kim I love your card ~ definitely has inspired me to try these colors together more ~ It is a gorgeous card ~ Thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and colors! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card and awesome way to kick of your new blog Kim. I love how you've turned a "Christmas" stamp into something that can be used anytime of the year!! Thanks for joining us at CYCI? - Chlo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the sketch. Great job! Thank you so much for joining the Pals Paper Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete