Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2016




Valentine Hugs & Fishes

Good Morning Everyone. The Color Challenge from Pals Paper Arts was to use Watermelon Wonder, Pink Piroette & Tip-Top Taupe (yes, I dare you to say this 10 times fast). I had wanted to use the new Friends and Flowers stamp set but it just didn't look right. So, I reached in for another favorite of mine, By the Tide. Located on page 82 of the Annual Catalog it features 7 stamps pertaining to the ocean.

I used the Coral and the Fish. The Coral is stamped in Watermelon Wonder while the Fish is stamped off once. I was able to use the "x" from the Friends & Flowers stamp set in the Occasions Catalog. The waves I used the Pink Pirouette and the Scallop die using sponge dauber to create the waves. I went over it again with the Watermelon Wonder. I used Crystal Effects to make it look like a fish tank. I used the Handpicked Framelits and cut out in Tip-Top Taupe and Whisper White. I fussy cut the Whisper White to allow for the border of  Tip-Top Taupe to show through. I also used the Hardwood Stamp, on page 128. Finished up with some beads I have laying around. Oh and the flowers are from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, located on 166.

The sentiment I saw something like it on Pinterest. I thought it was so cute and had to use it! That is my own handwriting using the corresponding Watermelon Wonder marker. Love that Stampin Up offers coordinating colors with paper, inks, markers, ribbon and embellishments...Sure does make it easier!


As always, leave your thoughts. After posting I thought of another idea so I may go back to the drawing board and upload the finished product. That is what is great with crafting...you never stop creating :)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card! The sign post looks great with this scene. Thank you for including the Pals Paper Arts color challenge in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and fishes - how cute! What a great card - love the non-traditional shape. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! These fishes, are just too cute in Watermelon Wonder. The patterns that you used works perfectly with the scene you created! Thank you for joining us this week at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! These fishes, are just too cute in Watermelon Wonder. The patterns that you used works perfectly with the scene you created! Thank you for joining us this week at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete