Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2016

No stamps involved on this one...

It is another Can You Case it? Challenge. Here is the details:

I am a craft hoarder. I admit it BUT this year I am making a point to use my stuff that I have been collecting through the years. The cute Neutral doily's you are looking at are maybe three years old :) I dragged them out of the bottom of the drawer and shed some light on them. Here is my card using Black, Real Red and Neutral.



Okay, so no stamps involved? Yep, no choosing an ink from my color caddy. No having to clean the stamps after with my Stampin Scrub. No ink on my fingers. Who am I kidding...I love to stamp. Maybe next time :)

I used my embroidery floss from a time when I wanted to cross stitch. I decided paper was more my calling. This is using the font Carnival Dots and using my electronic cutter it made the holes for me to follow through.I used a basic stitch and tried to do french dots instead of the "x" in the middle. Guess how that worked for me...



This is a standard card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and uses Basic Black card Stock. The Real Red is embossed with Swiss Dots. I used a gold from a paper pack bought at Michael's last year. I taped all down using my Tombow tape runner and used dimensionals to pop up the wording.

I think I fulfilled some of my resolution by using already handy stock. I think I'm going to reward myself by buying something small ;) As always, tell me what you think :) 

1 comment:

  1. Love the die cuts, and layers! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete