Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2016


Happy Thursday to you. I decided to try my hand at a challenge for TGIF this week. It is a sketch challenge. What is great about a sketch challenge is that you simply copy the design. It can be challenging if you are unsure of what to use and if you are like me you need to play around to make it just right. This week I had a light bulb moment and knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do.

The colors are Pumpkin Pie and Pacific Point. I used the Brights Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack. I love, love, love (did I mention love) the script writing. I cut the paper in 2 x 2 squares and lined them up like wallpaper. Now I have plenty of 2 inch scraps to use. Don't worry I have an idea for those :) 

The stamp set used is Swirly Bird and it is in the NEW CATALOG! This stamp set is great because not only do you get 24 photopolymer stamps that you can create Sailboats, Kites, flowers and birds but it has coordinating dies in a bundle pack. Of course, you can get them separate too but having a coordinating die makes it so you don't have to fussy cut.  The words come from Thoughtful Banners and wow! This set comes with 54 stamps. Mostly words that you can add together to make a phrase. There are congrats, words of wisdom and also a banner to emphasize the words. And yes, there is a punch that lines up perfect to the banner. I actually did fussy cut only because I wanted a border to make it pop. I embossed the sailboat and the kite and then connected them with the kite string. 

How do you get the catalog? EMAIL ME. Ordering starts June 1st and I cannot wait. I have a wish list and will be plucking away throughout the year. I can't wait to share my creations with you. 

Have a Happy Day! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the kite string coming from the boat - cute touch! Thanks for playing along with us at TGIF! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete